A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Is there something in your life that keeps you bound with shackles and chains? Ask the Lord to set you free - Daily Bible Reflections February 3,2014


BOUND AND SET FREE
“Go home to your family and announce to them all that the Lord in his pity has done for you.” – Mark 5:19
I can relate to today’s Gospel. When I was younger, I felt that there were “unclean spirits” within me. I lived a double life. In front of my family and my Catholic community, I was Miss Goody-two-shoes. I had good grades, I seemed like the perfect daughter and sister, I was active in church activities.
       But deep down, I kept a dark secret. I had my first boyfriend when I was 12, and I never stopped having one until I was about to graduate from college. When I was 13, my second boyfriend introduced me to the world of lustful pleasure and started a vicious cycle that would last for years. I didn’t lose my virginity, but I came close many times.
       During that dark period of my life, I felt like I was “bound with shackles and chains,” like the Gerasene demoniac. I didn’t know how to break free — until I finally gave in to Jesus’ call to give Him my all.
       Since then, I have done my best to announce to others “all that the Lord in His pity has done for me.” Tina Santiago-Rodriguez (tina@trulyrichmom.com)
Reflection: Is there something in your life that keeps you bound with shackles and chains? Ask the Lord to set you free.
Lord, help me to break free of the sins that keep me in bondage. Help me to announce to the world all that You have done for me.
St. Blasé, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive