A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Have you tried praying for the intentions of other people? - Daily Bible Reflections February 19,2014


CAN I PRAY FOR YOU?
 
Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. – Mark 8:25
 
I had an officemate whom I considered to be difficult to deal with.
       Every day he complained about the shifting schedules, his salary, the crowded MRT, and his work load. His attitude irritated a lot of my officemates.
       I had the opportunity to have a series of lunches with him. I got to know his job experiences and his family. Then he opened up about why he’s always irritated. His newborn baby was sick. Every time he left home, his heart cried out.
       After hearing his story, there was a strong urge in my heart to pray for him. I asked him a question that I thought might turn him off since he’s not religious at all. But I gave it a try.
       “Can I pray for you?” I asked.
       He looked at me and said, “Yes, please!” We prayed for healing, financial providence and peace.
       After that encounter, we became close friends, and he began to change each day for the better. Jan Carlo Silan (jan@makatifeast.com)
 
Reflection: Have you tried praying for the intentions of other people?
 
Lord, send me to people who need You this very moment. Let me help them by lifting up their concerns to You. Amen.
 
St. Conrad of Piacenza, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive