A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

August 12, 2011
Pampered and Privileged

“I gave you a land which you had not tilled and cities which you had not built, to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant.” – Joshua 24: 13

There are times when I feel so pampered by God.
Like that time I went to the USA with only $50 to my name. Plane fare and pocket money were C.O.D. (care of Daddy). Yummy food, comfortable places to stay in Chicago and LA, take-home gifts plus part of my tuition for a writing course at the University of Illinois were courtesy of my generous and loving cousins. My cousins’ community, where I attended prayer meetings, even gave me $20. I went home a couple of hundred dollars richer with that together with money sent by an uncle in Florida.
Another time, I needed parking space and thought of parking in front of a spa. I entered to ask about their packages so the guard wouldn’t shoo me away. I got a free massage and a discount card.
There are many other times when the Lord unzips the heavens and showers me with blessings I didn’t work for.
But it’s not just me. I see this scenario repeated in the lives of other people. Just goes to show what kind of a generous and loving God we have. Lella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
12
REFLECTION:
There’s nothing we have done to deserve God’s love. His love is unconditional.

“For all You’ve given to me, for all the blessings that I cannot see. Thank You, Lord!” (from the song “Thank You, Lord”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive