A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 6,2012


Door to Salvation
 
“Come, everything is now ready.” But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves. – Luke 14:17-18
 
I was in college when a friend invited me to a prayer meeting. But the idea of meeting new people where they already know each other turned me off. So I declined. At the time, God was a Sunday entity. I was more afraid of displeasing my mother if I missed church, and I would sleep in the middle of a sermon.
After graduating college, while applying for a job and looking for something new to put my cause-oriented heart into, my aunt and I passed by our parish. She pointed to a streamer announcing a Life in the Spirit Seminar (LSS). Her friends had said that if we attend the seminar and their weekly sessions, we wouldn’t have to attend a Growth Session. I said yes to the LSS, thinking of avoiding the second seminar.
I’ve never left the church since.
I sometimes laughingly think the Lordduped me there. But it was for a good cause so all’s well.
The Lord knows what’s best for us. May we open the door of our hearts when an invitation to salvation comes knocking. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
6
REFLECTION:
Have I said no to the Lord’s invitation for me to draw closer to Him? In what way?
 
Lord Jesus, I open my heart to You. Welcome, Lord!
 
St. Nicholas Travelic and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive