A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 23,2012


BLESSINGS TURNED SOUR
 
“So I took it out of the angel’s hand, and I ate it and it tasted sweet as honey, but when I had eaten it my stomach turned sour.” – Revelation 10:10
 
I longed to serve God more and the opportunity fell on my lap like an answered prayer. I was invited to join the choir, and I’ve never been happier singing my heart out during Mass.
But as the years passed, we kept losing members. At last, the time arrived when I was the only one left standing in front of a microphone with no one to play the organ or guitar. My dream had turned into my worst nightmare!
Haven’t we all experienced this? At some point, you wish you’d never married your dream man. Maybe you’re slaving over your dream job. Or the child you had such high hopes for becomes a disappointment.
When that happens, it’s easy to give up and tell God it was never part of the plan. But that’s a selfish way to treat God’s blessings. So I closed my eyes, and sang in my not-so-perfect voice. As the welcome voices of the parishioners joined in the singing and filled my ears, I prayed for the grace to keep going, even when the conditions no longer suited me.
His faith and love continue to see me through. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
23
REFLECTION:
“Make sure that you let God’s grace work in your souls by accepting whatever He gives you, and giving Him whatever He takes from you.” (Bl. Mother Teresa)
 
Lord, please make us steadfast in faith, joyful in hope and untiring in love all the days of our life.
 
St. Clement I, pope and martyr, pray for us.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive