A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - November 22,2012


The wailing Wall
 
He came closer to the city , and… wept over it, saying, ”If you only knew today what is needed for peace!… The time will come when your enemies will surround you… because you did not recognize the time when God came to save you.” – Luke 19: 41-44
 
I prayed to be assigned to the Philippine Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. One of my soul dreams was to go on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. By land, you can reach Israel from there in eight hours. In April 1995, I got re-assigned from the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi to this second oldest civilization.
God answered my prayer in the Holy Week of 1997. As soon as I crossed the border to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, I felt goosebumps on my skin. I felt so blessed to be walking the paths that Christ Himself walked when He came to save us. My tears came unbidden.
One of the places I visited was the Wailing Wall. It is there that letters from pilgrims are left in the crevices of the destroyed walls asking for God’s replies to myriads of human concerns. It is also a sacred place for our kindred Jews, a reminder to them of God’s unbroken bond with the Jewish people in spite of the catastrophes which had befallen them. God repeatedly comes to save us. If we would only reach out to Him and listen to His guidance, we would be spared from much of our weeping. Grace Princesa (grprincesa@yahoo.com)
22
REFLECTION:
God’s guidance often spares us from unnecessary tears and pain.
 
Lord, may I never miss the moments when You extend Your saving and loving hands in times of temptations and distress to keep us from crying.
 
St. Cecilia, virgin and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive