A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

How do you feel about your service? Rest awhile now - Daily Bible Reflections February 8,2014

HOW’S YOUR SERVE?
 
Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest awhile. — Mark 6:31
 
Lent is usually a time of recollection for most people. But when you’re an active church worker, this isn’t so. Why? Because Lent is one of the busiest seasons in the liturgical calendar.
       I remember many years ago when my main ministry was in the parish. I was head of the family and life ministry and I served as the parish counselor. As ministry head, I had to be present in all parish pastoral meetings, hold our own ministry meetings, lead a team of volunteers in carrying out the ministry’s activities, and so on.
       Our objective was for families to have a more meaningful celebration of Lent. While doing that, I became physically exhausted and didn’t have time for my own recollection. I searched my heart. “Why am I doing this? Should I sacrifice my interior life just to fulfill my functions?” I realized I needed more than just the Holy Week to nourish myself and serve God better. I signed up for the Retreat in Daily Life with the Jesuits. I needed that daily nourishment to keep myself fit for service.
       Many times, we think that we are in a better position or state than those we serve. We neglect the very self that we use in serving others. This coming Lent, let us pause and rest awhile so we can serve better. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: How do you feel about your service? Rest awhile now.
 
I come to You, Lord, with a tired body and spirit. Renew me.
 
St. Josephine Bakhita, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive