A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Do your words and deeds match?, Let Your Action Do The Talking - Daily Bible Reflections February 21,2014


LET YOUR ACTION DO
THE TALKING
 
So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead. – James 2:17
 
I recently got to know Joe Dean Sola a little better. He’s the founder of He Cares, a foundation that gives street children a fresh start and new opportunities in life. They aim to rescue at least one child from the streets every day. They’ve rehabilitated and evangelized hundreds of kids over the past decade.
       But before Joe Dean actually put up the foundation, his ministry already existed. Joe Dean would literally give shivering kids the shirt off his back and would lie down with them in the street on a chilly night to keep them warm. He would give the last few coins in his pocket to feed a hungry street child.
       Every time Joe Dean speaks about his passion for the poor, I’m moved to tears. To no fail. (I’m actually in tears right now as I write this!) His love for the lowly is so evident and infectious. But more than his actual words that move me, I believe it’s the fact that his words are alive.
       Christian author John Maxwell once said, “I don’t practice  what I preach. I only preach what I practice.” Well, that would be a really good way to describe Joe Dean. He doesn’t see himself as a good speaker, but in my opinion, he doesn’t actually have to be one. His actions do the talking. And people hear him loud and clear. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Do your words and deeds match?
 
Lord, may people see You in my actions, not just in my words.
 
St. Peter Damian, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive