A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Whether you apologize or not, it does not change the fact that you‘re wrong. People know you’re wrong anyway, so you might as well be humble enough to admit your fault. - Daily Bible Reflections October 2,2015


Memorial of The Guardian Angels
 
WHEN DAD SAID SORRY
 
“Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18:4
 
       When I was a teenager, my dad and I had an argument. He accused me of something that I didn’t do. I was terribly hurt, and it resulted to a cold war between us. After a week, I was planning to apologize, knowing that Dad is not the type who would say sorry. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it because no matter how I looked at the situation, I really wasn’t the one at fault.
       Then the unthinkable happened.
       I was inside my bedroom when Dad came in. He sat at the foot of my bed and awkwardly said, “Son, I am sorry. It was my fault.”
       It was the first time I ever heard him say sorry.
       Apologizing is admitting that you’re at fault, that you’re not perfect. If we follow the world’s idea of greatness, then apologizing is quite ironic. But for Jesus, greatness is humility.
       The day Dad apologized was the day I saw his real greatness. It meant the world for a child looking for a real leader in today’s proud and selfish world.
       Are you humble enough to be great? Velden Lim (veldenlim@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Whether you apologize or not, it does not change the fact that you‘re wrong. People know you’re wrong anyway, so you might as well be humble enough to admit your fault.
 
Lord, I am nothing without You. I can’t boast of anything but Your love for me despite my weaknesses.
 
Guardian Angels, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive