A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Have you given up on someone? Persevere - Daily Bible Reflections October 8,2015


BE PUSHY
 
“… He will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his persistence.” – Luke 11:8
 
       It’s very easy to give up on people. When you try to share God with a friend and he tells you, “God is not my thing,” or, “That’s so corny,” you stop trying and accept that maybe you just have different interests. You walk away and make a mental note not to invite that person to any God-related event ever again.
       Guilty? Many of us are. But I’m thankful to have been surrounded by people who don’t take no for an answer!
       When I was 15 years old, I started attending prayer meetings. But after a few months, I was nowhere to be found. Some people noticed and started texting me to attend again. Every week, someone would invite me back. I’d say no. But that person would invite me again the following week until I said yes! My heart softened because of the persistent care and love of my friends in community, and I can’t thank them enough for introducing me to a life full of God.
       It is easy to give up on people, but I’m glad they didn’t give up on me. The truth is, no matter how resistant a person is, there will always be a small void that longs for Someone higher, Someone greater. So, don’t stop trying! Be pushy and let God take care of the rest. Pia Angelica Suiza (piasuiza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Have you given up on someone? Persevere.
 
O God, grant me the grace to be more loving and patient in my words and actions so that many will see Your face though me. Amen.
 
St. John Leonardi, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive