A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

What is your mission? Is it difficult? Just pray and continue to pursue! - Daily Bible Reflections October 5,2015


FIRST MISSION
 
“Set out for the great city... and preach...” – Jonah 1:2
 
       I recall my first try to work overseas as I reflect on Jonah’s first mission.
       I was hired as an IT manager of a leading retail company in Papua New Guinea. But in my heart there was a deeper mission: to spread the Good News.
       My mission was a daunting task as I had no idea where to start. The city where I worked in was big. So I prayed. But for one whole year, I wasn’t able to preach. I continued to pray. After a year, doors opened wide. Opportunities to speak before various parish groups came. I became a regular preacher at the Diocesan Center for Renewal in the Archdiocese of Port Moresby. Eventually, I was chosen to head the evangelization ministry in the archdiocese.
       Looking back, my first year was a time to acquaint myself with the local culture and traditions. I made friends with the locals and just allowed myself to be used as a channel of God’s love.
       Thank You, Lord, for sending me to these people.
       Romans 10:15 says, “How can people preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!’” Danny Tariman (dtariman.loj@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What is your mission? Is it difficult? Just pray and continue to pursue!
 
Lord, please strengthen me when I start to weaken, and encourage me when despair sets in. Amen.
 
St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive