A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Recall your experiences of having to let go of someone. What were your feelings then? How do you feel about it now? - Daily Bible Reflections October 21,2015


SURRENDER AND
LET GO
 
“You also must be prepared.” – Luke 12:40
 
     November 8 to 9, 2013 was a harrowing weekend for Filipinos. Thousands of lives were lost. Billions of properties were damaged. Entire towns and villages were wiped out.
       Being in Manila when super typhoon Yolanda wreaked its havoc, I could only pray for our countrymen in the Visayas. And pray hard we did in the family because my niece’s husband, Andrew, together with his parents and brother, plus his brother’s family, were trapped in Tacloban City. The hotel they were billeted in was only a hundred meters away from the shore. For two days we had no contact with them. We didn’t know whether they survived the storm surge or not.
       At one point, I felt the need to surrender our worry to God and trust that He was keeping them safe. As I let go of my fears, I again felt the pain of surrender I experienced when we were about to lose my mother 12 years ago. Even if she had been sick for more than a month, we were not prepared to lose her.
       I don’t think we can really be ready to lose persons dear to us. But God, who knows what’s best, will eventually lead us to accept the inevitable. Thank God we soon learned that Andrew and his family were safe. Tess V. Atienza (theresa.a@shepherdsvoice.com.ph)
 
Reflection: Recall your experiences of having to let go of someone. What were your feelings then? How do you feel about it now?
 
Dear God, help me to bear the pain and sorrow of losing persons dear to me. Hold my hand until I’m ready to walk again on my own.
 
St. Hilarion, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive