A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 9,2012


 
FIRST DUTY
 
She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. – Luke 10:39
 
The first duty of love is to listen. I learned in business that the way to serve the customer best is to listen first to what they need and what will give them pleasure. We can always presume, but you can only serve others best after listening.
I had always been sure about the “rightness” of taking on out-of-town projects that pay well, banking on “as long as this will bring food on the table for the family, it must be right” philosophy. But the time came when my wife was not happy with whatever big bucks this away-from-home project promises to cash in. She told me that what makes her happier is if I spend the entire day with her on her friend’s special occasion. And she’d be happiest if I could do our nightly ritual of me putting her to sleep by caressing her hair. Martha wasn’t bad. It’s just that
Mary understood the heart of Jesus during this occasion. People who serve without listening are preoccupied with the activity, not with the person being loved. Service is the act of love. You can only love after you’ve listened. You can only serve genuinely after you’ve listened. Friend, listen to the one you love today. Jon Escoto(faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
Listen to the people whom you’ve been serving routinely. What are their needs? What makes them happy?
 
Jesus, draw me to listen to You more that I may love and serve You more. Also, help me make time and muster courage to listen to the one I love. Amen.
 
Blessed John Henry Newman, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive