A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 16,2012

 
HUMAN – DIVINE
 
He did not observe the prescribed washing before the meal. – Luke 11:38
 
You’ve heard it before.
Not everything legal is moral.
But more and more people want to legalize than moralize.
Could it be to “escape” morality? And reason out that, well, “I didn’t break any law”?
Human law that is.
But how about the Divine Law?
So I can now marry for the 10th time, or get rid of the baby in my womb, or commit mercy killing if it becomes legal? But if I promote prayers in a public school or reasonably discipline my own child, I can be sued because I may have broken a law?
So is that the direction we want to go now?
Legal over moral? Human above divine?
Hmmm. Could Jesus have been intentionally “breaking” some human laws in His time to show that there is a far greater law that we should be more concerned with?
Because there is a God whose ultimate law is the law of love!
Unless of course you’re giving up on believing in Him, too. Alvin Barcelona (alvinbarcelona@gmail.com)
16
REFLECTION:
Am I as conscious in obeying God’s law as I have been in observing the laws of men? Pray a little longer today.
 
Dear God, help me to be a law-abiding citizen. But above all, remind me that I shall be a citizen of heaven forever whose law of love I embrace now. Amen.
 
Blessed Marguerite d’Youville, religious, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive