A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 1, 2012


Memorial of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Virgin and Doctor of the Church
1
The Last Humiliation
 
An argument arose among the disciples about which of them was the greatest. – Luke 9:46
 
My 80-year-old neighbor died so I went to his wake.
As I viewed the coffin, I was struck by one fact I never realized before: The old man had a large mole at the side of his chin.
Exactly like my mole.
In exactly the same place!
And in an eerie sort of way, I felt I was looking at myself in a coffin.
It sent shivers down my spine.
I felt God was telling me, “One day, it’ll be your turn to be in that box.”
I realized that death is the last humiliation.
No matter how much money or achievements or successes we gain on earth, we’ll be humbled by death and we’ll be empty again.
Pride is useless.
I’m choosing to be humble.
Every day. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
 
REFLECTION:
How much do you value your achievements and successes? Can you honestly say you can leave it all anytime?
 
Lord, grant me the grace of a pure heart.
 
St. Therese of the Child Jesus, virgin, Patroness of the Missions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive