A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 31,2012


they know best
 
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. – Ephesians 6:1
 
Acute laryngitis. My voice was nearly gone. Not a good thing for a First Grade teacher. I read the scribbles on the white slip from the doctor. It said, “Complete voice rest for one week.” What? Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a talker. So this prescription was a tall order. I was successfully silent the first day, but by the second day I had given in. The consequence? My vocal cords were damaged. I cannot sing the way I used to. My voice becomes scratchy and hoarse after talking for a long time.
Pray. Don’t stay out too late. Drive carefully. Save up.
The counsels given to us by our parents are like those doctor’s prescriptions. They’re given with good intentions and from the experience of those who know best. We can choose to follow or ignore. In the end, the consequences are the results of our actions.
Our parents, like doctors, are human and imperfect. But God has put them in charge over us and has placed in their hearts enough love to make sure that what they ask of us is what they feel is for our own good. As we receive their often unsolicited advice, God tells us to obey. In obeying them, we obey Him too. Geraldine G. Catral (teachergeegee@yahoo.com)
31
REFLECTION:
Dear Lord, thank You for loving me perfectly through my not-so-perfect parents. I decide to cherish their words as I cherish Yours.
 
Lord, forgive me for the times I’ve been disobedient to You and those You’ve placed above me.
 
St. Wolfgang of Regensburg, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive