A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - October 13,2012


 
full-fledged Preacher
 
“Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” – Luke 11:28
 
In my earlier days of ministry, I felt awkward with the title “preacher.” I wanted to be simply introduced as a “sharer.” This is because I felt the gravity of the mission especially when James 3:1 says, “Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.”
Scary stuff. Especially the “judged more strictly” part.
This kept on for a long time until a mentor told me that the most urgent of all missions is kerygma, the proclamation of the Gospel or the preaching of the Word. He added that preaching is not just to spea k but to live out the Word. That’s why St. Francis of Assisi said, “Proclaim the Gospel. Use words if necessary.”
It dawned on me that PREACHING = PREACHING and REACHING out to EACH one who is ACHING.
The real issue is not to speak, which has glamor attached to it.
The real deal is to  live and witness to His love so as to reach out especially to those who are aching. When I do that, then I’m a full-fledged preacher. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
13
REFLECTION:
Do the people I meet clearly read the Gospel according to my life?
 
Lord, let me be ready to preach the Word, in season and out of season.          
 
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive