A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June14, 2012


WHEN THE GENTLE ME EXPLODES
 
“Whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment.” – Matthew 5:22
 
In my family, expressing one’s anger is not an ordinary thing. We were raised up in a gentle environment. So it’s no wonder that we all grew up soft-spoken.
But anger is a human emotion that visits us now and then. I had (and still have) my own share, and like bombs they explode when I try to keep it to myself for long.
Once, I had a difficult group mate in a class project. I was supposed to be the leader and had to facilitate the completion of the project. But her behavior was not helping the group — she’d come late or not at all to our meetings, and when she did, she’d question everything.
It came to the point that I could no longer contain my anger and I exploded. She was shocked, as was the rest of the group. I, too, was shocked that I could be that angry.
It was a most excruciating weekend for me. I couldn’t eat and sleep well. But thank God, at that time I had friends who helped me process my feelings. And thank God, too, we were in a retreat setting that weekend and I had time to confess it. Most of all, I was able to say, “Peace!” to the object of my anger. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
14
REFLECTION:
How do you handle your anger?
 
Lord, teach me how to handle the negative emotions in my life. Grant me patience, gentleness and compassion.
 
St. Albert Chmielowski, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive