A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 22, 2012


Family Treasures
 
“But store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.” – Matthew 6:20-21
 
I asked for an estimate of the cost of installing floor-to-ceiling mirrors in our dining area more than a year ago. In addition to that, we had been dreaming of traveling as a family to both domestic and international destinations. But these expenses still don’t find a place in our family budget because we had prioritized more important things like tithing.
My husband and I agreed to increase our giving to 10 percent of our family income. We’ve made good progress since we made that decision but we’ve had to simplify our lifestyle as well. We ate out less often. We enjoyed simple bonding activities like visiting museums, going to parks for picnics and serving together in weekly Masses. By doing so, our appreciation for each other and for our non-material blessings grew. Most of all, we made God our greatest treasure and we stored up riches in heaven as a family.
One day we will have that home improvement and those family vacations, but not without first giving to God our best portion. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag (teregmps@yahoo.com)
22
REFLECTION:
What’s in my treasure chest? What do I consider my greatest treasure?
 
Lord God, help me fix my eyes on the things of heaven and become less materialistic. Help me see what my real treasures are.
 
St. Thomas More, martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive