A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 13, 2012


The Ultimate Fulfillment
 
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” – Matthew 15:17
 
Kids would say, “When I grow up, I want to be….” How frustrating it is on my part because I didn’t grow up. I remained vertically challenged (a euphemism for “shorty”).
Kidding aside, I wanted to become:
A teacher, to teach lessons to students.
A lawyer, to defend the underprivileged.
A priest, to lead people to the Lord.
A soldier, to fight for the nation’s sovereignty.
A doctor, to heal people.
Well, nothing above was fulfilled. Frustration set in. Then Jesus came to the rescue. He is the Ultimate Fulfillment.
I didn’t become a teacher but today I teach people godly life skills. I didn’t become a lawyer but today I spread the Law of Love. I didn’t become a priest but today I am spiritual dad to the youth! I didn’t become a soldier but today I defend the faith and rescue souls for the Lord. I didn’t become a doctor but today I heal broken hearts and lives only in the name and grace of Jesus!
I didn’t become anything yet I became everything. For only Jesus fulfills.
Solo Dios basta. God alone is enough. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
13
REFLECTION:
Does my plan contradict Your master plan, Lord?
 
Too long have I known Thee, oh Lord. My heart is restless until it rests in You. – St. Augustine
 
St. Anthony of Padua, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive