A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 28, 2012


Rock Solid
 
“The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” – Matthew 7:25
 
I lost my dad when I was 18. He died of a heart attack. He was only 54. I was a college freshman then and looked forward to learning from him as I prepared for a career. While I struggled with the loss, I realized then that the strain wasn’t so much about questioning why my dad was taken away from us too soon as much as experiencing an extreme sadness of not having him around when I needed him most.
One night, as I thought of my dad and all the could-haves, would-haves and should-haves, I had a revelation from God, a strong sense that everything was going to be all right with me and my family. I also felt an assurance that my dad was in a better place.
That was the start of a deeper personal relationship with the Lord. A few months after that, my family received Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. It was also then that we experienced a tremendous outpouring of support from family, friends, my dad’s colleagues, as well as from people we hadn’t heard from in years.
I miss my dad. But I take comfort in the memory of the greatest man that ever lived. After Jesus, of course.  Erwin Roceles (erwin_roceles@yahoo.com)
28
REFLECTION:
God gives us the strength and the will to overcome any adversity.                                                                      
 
Lord, in our times of struggle, we hold on to Your promise that You will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear, and even provide a way to overcome it.
 
St. Irenaeus, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive