A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- June 23, 2012


WHERE SHOULD I GO?
 
“Do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself.” – Matthew 6:34
 
In 1975, John Kavanaugh traveled to India to spend a month with Mother Teresa. When they met, he requested that she help him pray for clarity, but she laughed and said, “I have never had clarity; what I have always had is trust. So I will pray that you will trust God.”
Her prayer is what we need in our lives, too. We are so afraid to make mistakes and the uncertainty of future success leaves us unable to act. I hope that this prayer from Thomas Merton will assuage your fears, as it has mine:
My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going,
I do not see the road ahead of me.
Nor do I really know myself,
And the fact that I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. Cecil Lim (cez_lim@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
You can face the future full of  anxiety or full of faith. You can’t have both.
 
When I don’t know what to do, Lord, give me the courage to choose a path and entrust my fears to You.
 
St. John Fisher, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive