A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 8, 2012


Making a Stand
 
All you who want to serve God in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil persons and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. – 2 Timothy 3:12-13
 
As I write this reflection, the proposed Reproductive Health (RH) Bill remains to be very controversial. The debate for its passage has disturbingly polarized a country that is predominantly Catholic. It has put to test the core values of the nation and the will of the faithful to remain steadfast in the tenets (not selectively) of the Church.
I have not read the entire bill nor have I sat through public hearings on the bill to be able to offer a sound opinion. My awareness is limited to what is published and corridor discussions amongst colleagues. I don’t have the answers to the economic challenges the bill is supposed to address. And I am still in a quandary as to what extent the bill was crafted and supported with the purest intention, or tainted by political pressures, personal ambition or profit.
One thing is clear. The proposed RH bill, in the form and content as of this writing, is strongly being opposed by the
Catholic Church. As the bastions of my faith, I believe them, and that is enough for me to make a stand against it. Marie Franco (mariefranco_pie@yahoo.com)
8
REFLECTION:
When my faith is attacked, will I stand up or will I remain to be a passive bystander?
 
Continue to guide the bastions of our faith, Lord.
 
St. William of York, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive