A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 9, 2012


THE RICH IN LOVE
 
“They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything — all she had to live on.” – Mark 12:44
 
You said “I love you” and you gave me P20. Am I supposed to believe your love? If you are burning a hundred dollar bill to light up your cigar, and your name is Bill Gates, I don’t have to believe your love. If you are a poor beggar, who digs fastfood trash bins for leftover food to heat for dinner, and you weren’t so lucky tonight and the other scavengers pushed you out when they reached the garbage can ahead of everybody else; and that P20 is your only hope for food tonight, yet you still gave it to me, then I think there’s not much room for me to doubt that you love me.
God is rich in everything! Therefore, doubting the love of this rich God is justifiable, right? Wrong! Yes, God is rich in everything. But He has only one Son.
When Jesus saw the poor widow, He saw His Father. When the sacrifice was demanded for the salvation of all, God slipped His hand into His cosmic pocket, His two copper coins is Jesus. And He gave Him up for you and me.
Jesus didn’t just give everything He has. He gave Himself for us. Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
Have there been times in your life when you doubted the love of God for you? His answer to all doubts is the Cross.
 
Lord Jesus, may I experience the uncontainable love of God in my heart every time I look at Your Cross. May You give me that grace today. Amen.
 
St. Ephrem, deacon and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive