A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 26, 2012


THE NARROW GATE
 
“How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life.” – Matthew 7:14
 
I was at the airport, waiting in line to check in. I was carrying my daughter, a shoulder bag and a baby bag that contained the things I thought the kids might need during the one-hour flight. I was also pushing a luggage that I would check in.
I was frustrated and was having a difficult time until my husband told me to just carry the essentials in my shoulder bag — a diaper for each kid, a book for my son and two milk bottles. The rest I could check in. He even suggested that I leave the other stuff since it would be available when we got to my parents’ home anyway. It made a world of a difference! I carried my child comfortably through the gates without the extra weight and hassle.
Maybe the gate that Jesus described becomes narrow only because we carry so much. We think we need to do a lot to be worthy of the road towards our Lord that it becomes a difficult journey. Like the baggage during my trip, all we need is to check in everything else and only bring with us the essentials.
Maybe the gate isn’t that narrow after all.Mae Ignacio (maemi04@aim.com)
26
REFLECTION:
Do we carry a lot of baggage in our spiritual journey? Travel light and focus on what’s important. We don’t need a lot. After all, we are going home.
 
Father, help me focus on what is important in my life that I may not find it difficult to follow the path You have forged for me.
 
Blessed Raymond Lull, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive