A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 9, 2012

Feast of the Baptism of the Lord

IT’S PERSONAL

At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. – Mark 1:9

In a brief biography of St. Francis of Assisi, G. K. Chesterton begins with a glimpse into the heart of this unique and compassionate man born in the 12th century. Chesterton writes, “As St. Francis did not love humanity but men, so he did not love Christianity but Christ.... The reader cannot even begin to see the sense of a story that may well seem to him a very wild one, until he understands that to this great mystic his religion was not a thing like a theory but a thing like a love affair.”
Why did Jesus have to be baptized by John? Oh, there are many theological answers! I’m just a simple, handsome guy (I wonder why my nose gets longer every time I say this?) and I’m no theologian, but I’ve thought of a reason that I feel is very close to the heart of the God I love. Jesus wanted to be just like us, to be identified with us. To taste, feel, see, smell and hear for Himself all of our experiences.
Yes, He is the High and Mighty, Awesome God. But He also wants to be known as someone we can love, whom we can laugh and cry with. He’s been through all we’ve gone through. He is near. Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
What is the name of your God? Is He a “force” or an impersonal “energy,” or the Personal God who knows and understands you?

Father, let me understand the nearness of Your love as Jesus did. May I obey Your Word trusting that Your commands come from the God who cares.

St. Adrian of Canterbury, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive