A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 8, 2012

Solemnity of the Epiphany of the Lord
8
A Lesson from a Tendril

“Where is the new born king of the Jews? We observed the rising of his star and have come to honor him.”– Matthew 2:2

New Year’s day 2010 was a quiet and windy morning in my place in Batangas. I strolled in the garden appreciating the orchids, fruits and vegetables. Passing through the patch of squash at the far end, I was struck by the sight of tiny tendrils of vine each seeking the nearest wire to coil around to. With the vine now secure on the screen wire, it swayed undamaged with the wind.
It’s amazing how a seemingly insignificant tendril offered a lesson in life on the first day of the year. Temptations and trials will be there as they have always been. I can choose to be knocked out or remain resilient. Opting to battle it out, I need to constantly seek out my support. And there is no better support than the Word of God.
I may seem frail like a tendril when it comes to my faith. But in seeking out His Word as my anchor, I will go through life to complete my journey. Marie Franco (mariefranco_pie@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:
Whenever I am troubled, whom do I turn to?

Thank You, oh Lord, for leaving behind Your Word as my refuge. Many times, I have taken it for granted, trusting only in my instincts and wisdom. I am sorry.

Blessed Angela of Foligno, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive