A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 27, 2012


A TIME TO REAP
 
And when it is ripe for harvesting they take the sickle for the cutting: the time for harvest has come. – Mark 4:29
 
I have a widow’s peak. Because there is a Chinese belief that it means I’d be working hard for the rest of my life, I accepted it as true.
I graduated from a prestigious Chinese school and an equally renowned Catholic university. I was a consistent dean’s lister and even graduated with honors. I also inched my way to pursue higher education because of my love for knowledge. I managed to land a job even before I graduated from college. But because of my perfectionist nature, I found myself resigning whenever I found some form of injustice at work. I questioned why God allowed those things to happen. My puny mind couldn’t grasp how a diligent and conscientious worker could end up with meager remuneration.
Looking back, I laugh at how God orchestrated the whole thing. All the while, He was preparing me for something bigger. It dawned upon me that there’s a time to plant and a time to reap.
Now, I’m working for a few hours a day and being paid like a full-time worker. I also landed my dream job.
Harvest time!  Ems Sy Chan (havenofleeanne@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Experiencing a plateau in your career? God wants you to plant seeds of faith so that you’ll have a bountiful harvest in His perfect time.
 
Lord, I want to trust You even when things don’t go my way. I know that harvest time is just around the corner.
 
St. Angela Merici, virgin, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive