A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 31, 2012


ONLY BELIEVE
 
“Don’t be afraid, only believe.” – Mark 5:36
 
“You have to undergo thyrodectomy immediately,” the doctor told me. “It’s not as simple as you think. The more you postpone it, the riskier it is. You’re not getting any younger,” he added.
For the ninth time I had to go under the surgeon’s knife.
My first surgery was a simple tonsilectomy in 1980 where they removed my right tonsil.
In 1986, I was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in my left breast, so I had to go through a mastectomy.
Four years later, there was a lump and grape-like clusters of mass in my right ovary, which were all malignant. The doctor ordered a hysterectomy to avoid the big C.
During my thyrodectomy, I kept praying while I was at the operating room, “Lord, please restore my voice. Don’t take away my privilege of proclaiming Your Word.”
God promised me, “Don’t be afraid, only believe.” This gave me assurance before I passed out with the anesthesia.
Three weeks after my thyrodectomy, I proclaimed God’s Word at the Rizal Feast — with my voice even better than ever!  Beth Corral (bethcorral_0330@yahoo.com)
31
REFLECTION:
“My son, when you are ill, delay not, but pray to God, who will heal you... Then give the doctor his place lest he leave; for you need him, too.” (Sirach 38:9, 12)
 
Lord, let me know Your will in any sickness You allowed in me. Heal me, Lord, for You are the greatest physician.
 
St. John Bosco, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive