A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 24, 2012


GIFT OF DANCE
 
Then David, girt with a linen apron, came dancing before the Lord with abandon… – 2 Samuel 6:14
 
I’m a frustrated dancer. I took ballet and jazz lessons in grade school, but really, I wish I stuck to swimming. To this day, I remain a good dance… watcher. Which is why I consider a gift I had received during my 40th birthday last year most special.
I belong to a caring group of preachers’ wives. We sisters come together three times a month to share, support and enrich one another.
During birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, we try to surprise one another. One time, it was a spa party. Another time, we created an enchanted re-enactment of Cinderella. There was a concert tribute to the Megastar, an all-red party.
On my 40th birthday, these loving sisters surprised me with an 80s dance medley. It was well-choreographed like a number from those variety shows on TV. It was the highlight of the night, bringing people to their feet.
I sat there and took it in. Seven heart-pounding minutes.
I realized I was not given the gift of dance, but I received a dance as a gift.
That night, I watched with delight, and felt so loved. Lallaine Gogna (lallygogna@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Have you ever received a gift you can’t forget? Thank God for it now.
 
Thank You, Lord, for friends.
 
St. Francis de Sales, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive