A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 20, 2012


Facing the Enemy
 
“I will deliver your enemy into your grasp; do with him as you see fit.” – 1 Samuel 24:5
 
“Hey Jane!… Jane! Is that you?” I was just getting off the escalator when I heard this familiar voice behind me that sent chills all over my body. I looked back and felt the throbbing pain again as soon as I saw his face. He was someone from my past who hurt me the most, treated me like trash and caused me to hate the world.
“You gotta be kidding me, Lord. It took years for me to regain my self-respect and You’re letting me see this guy again?” I whispered to myself, trying hard to compose myself as he approached me.
I thought of walking away and pretend that I didn’t recognize him but I realized that it was a great opportunity to claim my total healing. So I exchanged brief pleasantries with him, excused myself and took off. It was a liberating moment.
Are you facing an enemy today? Trying to overcome a bad habit? Resisting the lure of temptation? Avoiding a desire to avenge? Whatever it is that you struggle with, consider it not as a cross but an opportunity for your maturity and spiritual growth. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
20
REFLECTION:
When in a bad situation, have courage and confidence in God that He will guide you to do the right thing.
 
Father, forgive me when I yield to iniquity, and help me to have the right disposition when faced with troubles.
 
St. Sebastian, martyr, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive