A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 10, 2012

Prayer Button

Hannah answered… “I was only pouring out my troubles to the Lord.” – 1 Samuel 1:15b

Panic only complicates situations. Consider this: My wife and I had a flight to Cebu at 12:30 p.m. We left Quezon City at 8:30 a.m., calculating that we had enough time to reach the airport.
It was raining that morning and the route we took had many street diggings. In short, it was nearing noon and we were nowhere near the airport. We arrived at the counter 10 minutes before departure but the airline still accommodated us because they used a bigger plane and wanted to fill it.
Before this final outcome, it would have been natural to push the panic button and start the blame game while we were
stuck in traffic. My wife and I could have blamed the driver who took the wrong route or each other for not waking up early.
But instead we pushed the prayer button. It calmed my fast-beating heart and prevented me from making negative statements. The prayer brought much peace in our hearts that we even had the “luxury” of making a restroom stop.
Prayer depressurizes our mind, allowing us to think freely and peacefully. Rolly España (rnespana@nwineskin.com)

REFLECTION:
A problematic situation can always be a choice. Will you let the devil get your goat or will you let the Spirit take over the situation?

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of prayer that calms my heart and quiets my troubled mind.

St. Gregory of Nyssa, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive