A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 11, 2012

ON CALL FOR GOD

The Lord called to Samuel, who answered, “Here I am.” – 1 Samuel 3:4

I could hardly breathe. It felt like something was obstructing my air passages. I tried to go back to sleep since it was still dawn but nothing I did eased my breathing. Then it struck me: maybe someone else was suffering and God allowed me to feel the burden so I could pray for this person. I prayed in tongues. Nothing happened. I began to feel anxious. Maybe I was really sick. I continued to pray. A few minutes later, I was able to breathe easily and slept peacefully.
When the sun rose, I received a text message from a sister in community who asked for prayers. She had cough and colds; the doctor suspected that she might have pneumonia. She shared that every dawn, she would cough profusely and experience labored breathing but this dawn she didn’t experience much difficulty.
God speaks to us in many ways — through His Word, prophecies, circumstances, and so on. Like Samuel, we must be ready to say, “Here I am” when God calls us to action. We must always be prepared because the Lord can call us whenever and wherever we may be, whether we are wide-awake or in dreamland. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:
When God calls, what response could He expect to hear from you? Is it “Sorry, all circuits are busy now. Please try your call later”? Let’s hope it’s “This is (your name) speaking. How can I help you?”

Here I am, Lord. I come to do Your will.

Blessed William Carter, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive