A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- January 30, 2012


the higher road
 
“Notice my misery and give me blessings…” – 2 Samuel 16:12
 
I looked up to my ex-boss because she was efficient in performing her work. But I didn’t like the way she corrected me and my colleagues when things went wrong. She’d shout at the top of her voice. She’d curse and humiliate me in front of other people. I couldn’t help but feel angry.
But in my misery, the Lord used my family to console me. They were supportive especially in my moments of pain. I was also comforted through the Catholic Charismatic community where I belong. There I found grace to control myself and gained emotional strength that kept me from taking any form of vengeance against people who hurt me.
A nun friend once told me that I shouldn’t be angry at people who curse or ridicule me. Instead, I must feel sorry for them. She said that people who usually curse others are those who are deeply wounded themselves. If we want to become true instruments of peace and God’s love, it is better for us to take the higher road of forgiveness and understanding. I believe that the Lord exceedingly gives grace to people who know how to hate the sin but love the sinner. Dho Rimando (dougsterrimando@yahoo.com.ph)
30
REFLECTION:
Has anybody hurt you? Are you being persecuted? Take the higher road. Forgive.
 
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Grant that I may not so much seek to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
 
St. Hyacintha of Mariscotti, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive