A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections- December 31, 2011

Reason for the Season

“ And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us...” – John 1:1,14

It used to be so much fun spending Christmas with relatives. I watched a lot of Christmas-themed cartoons with cousins, went to family reunions and received a lot of gifts.
Years went by. Some relatives have passed away, others migrated or have their reasons for skipping reunions. The excitement, the thrill, the joy have become a rarity.
What’s wrong with this picture? I’ve been missing the whole point. Today’s Gospel puts everything in perspective. The reason for the season. It’s Christmas, the day Jesus was born, that’s the most intense and awesome gift to us. God in all His greatness was born in a very humble manger, a wrinkly baby, needing to be fed, taken cared of, helpless. All that, just to save us from hell.
Hey, maybe next Christmas will be different. Maybe next Christmas, I might just share about Jesus in our family reunion. It’s something we already know but I think we ought to talk about over and over again, and feel the profound love God showed us. It might feel a bit awkward but, what the heck, I’ll just do it, and start making Christmases more about Jesus. Really about Jesus. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
31
REFLECTION:
What do I look forward to this Christmas season? What should I do to make Christmas more meaningful in line with the Reason for the Season?

Holy Spirit, whisper to me what I can do to make Christmas more Jesus-centered and more meaningful in my life and in the lives of my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive