A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - January 3, 2012

HUMILITY, NOT PRIDE

“He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’” – John 1:30

St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Bonaventure were commissioned to write a hymn for the feast of Corpus Christi. Upon reading the opus of Aquinas, Bonaventure burned his own work. He knew that his composition was inferior to the masterpiece of Aquinas and accepted it graciously. What humility!
My wife would tell me which way to turn if she thinks that I am going the wrong way. Her navigational skills are better than mine so I just “swallow my pride” and follow the road she points to. I could ignore her, but that would lead to a wrong route and a disconcerting silence after.
Have we let pride take over and ruin relationships? Many marriages could have been saved if more of these were said: “Please forgive me. You were right. I was wrong.”
No one has a monopoly of being right. We might be better in some areas than others, but, certainly, some will know more than us in other things. Let us not choose to be wrong for the sake of saving face or pride. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
I am good in many areas but not so in others. Have I let my pride strain my relationships by not admitting my mistakes or shortcomings?

Lord, grant me the humility to accept my limitations and the grace to accept that others may be better than I am. Amen. St. Genevieve, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive