A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

September 30, 2011
OJT

“Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.” – Luke 10:16

When I was in college, I had an on-the-job training for a TV program that was a course requirement. One time, the executive producer asked me to call the young actors who were resting in their van. I did as I was told. I told them the boss was calling them and they said OK. After calling them two more times, they still didn’t come.
On the third time, the boss personally went to the vehicle and, in a way, scolded the young celebrities. She told them that even if I was just a student and wasn’t part of their staff, she sent me and I was representing her. If they didn’t follow me, it meant they were disrespecting her who had sent me.
Today’s Gospel speaks about Jesus sending out 70 men to represent Him. They were sent to heal and proclaim that the kingdom of God was at hand. It didn’t matter if they were inexperienced, unimportant or uninfluential. They carried His authority. And whoever rejected them meant they were rejecting Jesus as well.
The message and instructions they conveyed were from the Boss. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
30
REFLECTION:
Do I ignore or subtly reject people who share the Good News or who witness to God’s presence in their lives simply because they don’t seem credible enough? Do I reject the message because I feel the sender doesn’t have enough authority or influence over me?

Holy Spirit, I ask You to help me understand and listen to Your messages regardless of who the messenger is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive