A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 3, 2011
100 PERCENT

“Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbour to the robbers’ victim?... The one who treated him with mercy.” – Luke 10:36-37

In organizing events, I have acquired a deeper understanding of mercy.
By many estimates, I am considered an efficient worker. To me, it’s just something I have to do within a deadline I have to meet. So you can imagine my impatience with a lackadaisical staff.
But when I look at other people, I see that most of them work really hard to do what I ask. So I realized that my 100 percent is not necessarily another person’s 100 percent.
Instead of getting frustrated, I am learning to accept people’s limitations. If I see that someone can take so much more, then I push. If not, I do the work myself or hand it over to someone who can do it.
Mercy, I have realized, comes even before there is a need to forgive. It is accepting a person’s capacity and weakness, and maximizing to get the best out of the person.
I still have a long way to go to learn this lesson but I pray that I will never let up on this road. For I, too, need mercy.
May He, who knows everything, have mercy on us.Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
“The quality of mercy is not strained; it droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath. It is twice blessed — it blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.” (William Shakespeare)

Help me to be merciful, Lord. Have mercy on me, too, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive