A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 4, 2011
Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
DISTRACTED FROM SERVING

Martha, meanwhile, was busy with all the serving and finally she said, “Lord, don’t You care that my sister left me to do all the serving?” – Luke 10:40

I believe that we have no right to judge the way other people serve, especially those who belong to the same community, because it’s not us whom they serve but God. I’ve been serving in our Children’s Ministry for more than two years now. With all the services I’m involved in (I’m also a coordinator), it can get draining at times. My co-servants see me as an overly committed servant. Truth is, there have been times when I’d complain to God and compare my service with others.
For months, my best friends and I sacrificed our good night’s sleep every Saturday just to come up with all the materials needed for the kids the following day. When I got physically tired, I aired out my complaints. “Why do we always have to make the materials? What about the others?”
Like Martha, I was distracted from serving the Lord. It suddenly dawned upon me that I was doing all those things because I love God and all the kids entrusted to us. Leeanne Sy (havenofleeanne@yahoo.com)
4
REFLECTION:
Are you tired of your service? Instead of comparing your output with others, why not ponder on why you are serving in the first place?

Father, I humbly implore You to remind me not to judge my sisters and brothers in their service because it is You whom they are serving and not me. I am also a mere servant in Your vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive