A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 21, 2011
INNER CONFLICTS


For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do — this I keep on doing. – Romans 7:19


One time in fourth grade, I came home and complained to my mom that I had a sick feeling in my tummy. But I couldn’t explain what was bothering me. All I could remember was that some kids had laughed at a boy who had tripped in the hallway and scattered his books all over the floor. With his face red with embarrassment, I watched as he fought back tears and gathered his things before scurrying away from the crowd.

After my story, my mom told me she knew why I wasn’t feeling well. “Guilt. You didn’t laugh at him but you didn’t want to be different from everybody else. So you didn’t reach out to help him either. When we know the right thing to do, we tend to regret not doing it.”

The Lord gave us great power through His Word and prayer to rise above the sinful nature of man. He has already provided the laws that separate right from wrong and it is in our true best interest to follow them. As Jiminy Cricket once said, “Let your conscience be your guide.” Eleanore Lee (elyo.lee@ gmail.com)

REFLECTION:

When faced with tough decisions wherein the right thing to do is not necessarily the same as what you want to do, ask, “What would Jesus do?”


“Lord, continue to shield me with Your love as I wage a constant battle between good and evil within myself and, as together we stand, righteousness will prevail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive