A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 15, 2011
Memorial of St. Teresa of Avila

the impossible expert

He believed, hoping against hope... – Romans 4:18

Do you know how it feels to hope against hope? I do. I got married at the nearly impossible age of 38.
Those who married early or who had many suitors to choose from will never know how a single, aging woman with no prospects feels everytime her birthday rolls by.
Instead of hearing a joyful birthday song, I’d hear a deafening alarm bell warning me that my body clock was fast running out of time.
Instead of donning a red dress to party with friends, I’d put on the blues and sulk that I had no “special someone” to celebrate with.
It was depressing, especially coming from a breakup that dashed my hopes of wedding bells to come.
That’s why I feel for single ladies praying for their one true love. And that’s why I pray specially for my single friends who are going through what I went through when I was single. And that’s why I have my book, Confessions of an Impatient Bride.
Because I’ve felt the hopelessness, even as I prayed unceasingly. And even though it seemed impossible, it happened. Because our God specializes in the impossible. Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
15
REFLECTION:
“God specializes in ‘impossible’ things that are too good to be true.” (Carroll E. Simcox)

In faith, I hold on to Your promises, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive