A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 29, 2011
what’s your card?

“My friend, come up higher...” – Luke 14:10

I was stuck in traffic when a big SUV hit my puny car. The driver of the SUV dismissed the damage I got and instead pulled out his business card saying, “I’m a lawyer.” I think he meant to intimidate me, so I handed him my own business card. Only then did he start talking to me with respect.
People usually give lawyers special treatment (and some lawyers expect it). This is why I’m not comfortable letting strangers know that I’m a lawyer, unless it’s necessary.
I also tried to pull my lawyer card (after shameless girlish pleading) to convince a traffic enforcer to let me off with a warning instead of writing me a ticket. The traffic enforcer would not budge but offered an alternative: that I pay my way out of the ticket. Bribery would be a lot more convenient and a lot less expensive, but I immediately handed my license and asked for a ticket instead.
You see, I have another card: my “Child of God” card. This one may sometimes be harder to carry, but it is definitely more impressive and worth keeping more than my business card. Pepper Bruce (pepper.bruce@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
“God makes three requests of his children: Do the best you can, where you are, with what you have, now.” (African American proverb)

Lord, please help us remember that being Your child is the highest honor, and that we should always live up to that honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive