A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 5, 2011
MY RIGHT, MY RESPONSIBILITY

The Lord replied, “What right do you have to be angry?” – Jonah 4:4

Ever since I got conscious of the effects of man-initiated activities to the environment and experiencing the effects of climate change, I felt frustrated that the authorities are not making it their top priority to implement eco-friendly practices in their respective constituency. I can fill this entire page of all the things that I think they should look into and those are only the environmental issues!
Don’t get me wrong. This is not about my political views but of my realization that I‘ve been caught up with the large-scale issues, forgetting that I am part of the problem.
While I push for awareness on global warming, I’d still print out documents when I can read them online. Or I use more paper napkins than needed at restaurants. With these realizations, I began to question my criticisms, not only regarding environmental issues but how I perceive the goings-on around me.
I realized that while I have the right to be frustrated and angry at the system, I have the responsibility for doing my bit. Not because the system is not capable of doing it but because I know I am capable of making a difference. Mae Ignacio (maemi04@aim.com)
5
REFLECTION:
Know your rights and, most importantly, know the responsibilities that go with those rights.

Father, help me uphold my rights and constantly remind me that I have responsibilities to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive