A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 28, 2011
Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles

MY SWEET YES


“When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated to be apostles...” – Luke 6:13


It was 1989, and I had joined a Youth Life in the Spirit Seminar. I was a shy and awkward 14-year-old. I must admit, I felt a little left out in the crowd of bustling teenagers. Looking back, I didn’t have great social skills then, and I thought I was just too quiet and plain to be interesting to anyone. But I was wrong. Someone was interested in me. Although I wasn’t the smartest, prettiest or most talented person in the bunch, He showed me that He liked me and that I didn’t have to do anything to impress Him. With Him, I was confident and I wasn’t afraid to be myself. He made me feel important and loved. All He wanted from me was to trust Him and to say I was His… to give Him my sweet “yes.”

Saying “Yes” to Jesus is the best thing I’ve ever done.

Since then, I’ve taken on a variety of spiritual leadership roles in the different circles I move in. He’s used me to teach, to share, and even to sing and dance for Him. Did this shy and awkward teenager see that coming? No. But He knew about all that, the moment I said “yes.”Geraldine G. Catral (teachergeegee@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:

There is no criterion to being His disciple except that we be ready and willing to be used.


Lord, use me in ways I cannot imagine. I am here. I am ready. I am yours. I say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive