A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 17, 2011
TRUST IN YOUR FATHER

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God. – Romans 4:20

I coach my son’s basketball team. During one game, he was crying. He hurt his knees earlier. I told him to “man up” and stop crying. He said he was crying not because he got hurt, but because he was frustrated. His team was losing again. They hadn’t won a single game. He wanted out. He had lost faith in his team.
I asked, “Do you trust me?” He nodded. “Then understand that what’s important is you give your best and help your teammates. The winning will follow.” I believe that left a positive impression on him. Since then he’s been playing his heart out, improving his skills and having fun with his newfound friends. Incidentally, my son’s team is now 4-0 after not winning any game the last two seasons.
That’s how it is sometimes when it comes to our relationship with our Father. When we experience life’s difficulties and things don’t go well, we may feel frustrated to the point of giving up.
The Lord reminds us that during these times we should continue to trust Him and remain strong in our faith, for He always works everything for the good of those who love Him. Erwin Roceles (erwin_roceles@yahoo.com)
17
REFLECTION:
In times of trouble, do you rely on your way or God’s way to get you through it?

Lord, teach me to trust in You at all times. Be my strength in times of weakness. Be my hope in times of despair. Be my light when I am in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive