A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 22, 2011
HALFTIME


“I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the future.” – Luke 13:8-9


In his book, Halftime, Bob Buford cites realities in one’s life:

• The first half: On average, the first 40 years of your life. This is the time when most people focus more on their careers and less on others (and other significant causes).

• Halftime: This is when you take stock of what you have accomplished in your life and look for ways to move from success to significance. It’s a chance to dig more deeply into what you believe and evaluate whether your life is heading in a direction compatible with your core beliefs.

By the time I reached 40, I was grateful for what the Lord had allowed me to experience and achieve. But a few years after that, things started to fall apart due to my wrong decisions. I found myself in crisis mode. Then I realized that I needed to get out of my comfort zone to move from adding value to me (success) to adding value to others (significance), as John Maxwell puts it. At 45, it was time for me to give back and equip others to pursue God’s purpose in their lives — to bear fruit! The Lord’s excellence compels me to reach higher when I thought I was doing enough.Ariel Driz (adriz77@yahoo.com)
22
REFLECTION:
What is God’s purpose for me? Am I helping others go for theirs?


Lord Jesus, thank You for my halftime. I pray for Your wisdom to discern the way You would want me to multiply the gifts and purposes You have given me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive