A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

October 27, 2011
What is Your Objective?


He replied, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and I perform healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I accomplish my purpose.’” – Luke 13:32


We met for our college project and started discussing the details.We were going nowhere, arguing back and forth. Suddenly, one classmate blurted, “Wait. What is the objective of this meeting?” We all looked at one another: We did not know why we were meeting. We backtracked and set our objective. Things flowed smoothly after that.

I took that lesson with me ever since. Now, I always start a meeting (and almost anything I do) by stating the objective. Jesus knew His purpose and was so focused on it that not even pain, suffering, friends, enemies or even death stopped Him from reaching it.

Many people go through life aimlessly, without a clear goal. They try to find happiness in new clothes, gadgets, trends and they fail. Then they go for vices and addictions, finding out that these will never make them happy. If only they knew their purpose — to know, love and serve God. Only when they set their hearts and mind on this will they find true and lasting happiness. Is this your purpose now?Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:

Am I doing the hings I do to satisfy my desires and selfish interests? Or are they to know, love and serve God?


Lord, You are my life, You are my desire. For You alone I live. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive