A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - April 5, 2012

HOLY THURSDAY
FOLLOW THE LEADER
 
“I have set an example for you, so that you will do just what I have done for you.” – John 13:15
 
Family day at my kids’ school is always fun but it’s usually difficult to get parents to participate in the opening games.
I wanted to be an example to my daughter Mac so I joined the first game, an obstacle course. I dashed through the 15-meter sprint and hopped like a rabbit on the tire obstacle. I was ahead of the competition until I reached the last leg —hula hooping. Dancing has never been on my inventory of skills. Gyrating my waist while walking slowed me down and I ended up in second place. At the end of the race, Mac asked me why I participated even if it involved something I didn’t enjoy. I told her that I just wanted to take the lead to encourage other parents to join.
A few months later, Mac’s class had their annual recollection. She proudly told her mom that she volunteered to present the sharings of her groupmates in front of the class. She doesn’t usually volunteer so when her mom asked her why she did it, she replied, “Papa said, that when no one wants to do it, I should be an example to others!”
Jesus came not only to do miracles and preach parables. He came to be a perfect example for us. Alvin Fabella (alvinfabella@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
In any situation, ask yourself, WWJD (What Would Jesus Do)? Reflect on Hebrews 2:14. “Since the children, as he calls them, are people of flesh and blood,  Jesus himself became like them and shared their human nature.”
 
Lord, guide me as I pursue Your perfect example in how to live my life for You. Amen.
 
St. Vincent Ferrer, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive