A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections April 28, 2012


A Few Good Men
 
There was a disciple named Tabitha; she was always doing good and helping the poor. – Acts 9:36
 
Tabitha is a little known character in the Bible. She is described in Acts as always doing good and helping the poor. Every time I read about her, I always recall an incident that happened to me 20 years ago.
I was riding the jeepney from work one night. Since it was late, the rides were full and the only way to go was via sabit (hanging on without a seat).
A gaunt looking guy with worn-out clothes and shoes offered to carry my back pack since I was struggling to hold it at the same time hanging onto the jeepney’s railing.
As we neared my stop, I offered him P50 for his kind gesture, knowing that he could use the extra money. He refused in spite of my insistence. Not everyone would have responded the way he did. Others would have taken the money and it would have been perfectly all right. But this guy genuinely wanted to help, expecting nothing in return. That generous act left a tremendous impact on my life, making me realize that there are still a few good men out there who, like Tabitha, always do good and help others.
I strive to be counted among the few good men. I hope you do, too. Erwin Roceles (erwin_roceles@yahoo.com)
28
REFLECTION:
When we help those in need, do we expect anything in return?
 
Lord, teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as I should. Teach me to give and not to count the cost. Amen.
 
St. Peter Chanel, priest and martyr, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive