A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - April 11, 2012


THE REAL NEED
 
“I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, [rise and] walk.” – Acts 3:6
 
Walking down an unfamiliar road in India, I noticed some beggars slumped on both sides of the road. As I passed them by, they suddenly increased in numbers. With their arms outstretched, they grabbed me by my clothes. I touched the hand of one beggar and wanted to give him alms but I only had pesos. So I told him, “I do not have anything to give you; only prayers. God bless you.”
That was my dream a few years ago, the time that I was financially constrained. I wanted to help others financially but I couldn’t for I was also in need. All I had was time and talent.
In today’s Gospel, the crippled man asked for money but Peter gave him something better — the use of his legs. More often than not, when people ask for our help, we assume they only need money. But they may also need understanding, affirmation, acceptance or a shoulder to cry on.
We may not have the means to help people financially but the Lord calls us to give what we have in our hands. It may seem insignificant in worldly standards, but to the people who receive our help, this may just be what they need. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
A gift becomes precious when it is wrapped in love and offered with the gift of self.                                       
 
Lord, in my desire to help others, help me see beyond the surface need. Make me more sensitive and discerning of the person’s real and deeper need.
 
St. Stanislaus, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive